// Terms and Conditions of Booking
Clients are advised to follow the terms and conditions set out below. To avoid disappointment it is recommended that a booking be made as soon as you are happy to proceed with Jaye Adams Make-up Artistry’s services. Make-up trials (if applicable) and other arrangements can be made nearer to the date of your booking. By completing the booking form and paying a deposit, you accept that you are entering into a contract and you agree to be bound by these conditions. Please check availability for your required date prior to paying a deposit..
4. Make-up Trials. A make-up trial and consultation is only required for, but not limited to, Bridal Clients. These can take place at my home or the venue/address of the brides choosing. Make-up trials are offered any day of the week between the hours of 10:00am and 6:00pm, appointments outside of these hours are available but will incur an additional premium of 10% of the make-up trial cost. Trials are recommended no sooner than 12 weeks before the date of a wedding. Should a client ask to schedule a trial before this period any retrials will be charged at full price with no concessions offered. Bridesmaids, mothers and other bridal party members requiring a make-up trial must share the bride’s appointment at the same location. In the unlikely event that the bride, or any member of the bridal party, is unhappy with the trial results Jaye Adams Make-up Artistry must be informed in writing within seven days of the trial date. Jaye Adams Make-up Artistry reserves the right to decide if a retrial is then necessary.
5. Changes. Changes to your booking by adding or reducing the number of people as indicated on your booking form can only be accepted if time and resources allow, and Jaye Adams Make-up Artistry will require prior notice in writing. A reduction in the number of people booked may still incur charges, please see Cancellations below. If there are changes to the original booking, the person responsible for booking must inform us in writing as soon as possible. We will try to accommodate changes to dates but this will be subject to availability.
6. Cancellation. In the unfortunate event that you have to cancel your booking, or reduce booking numbers (after submitting your booking form and deposit), cancellation charges are calculated as a percentage of the remaining balance as follows: 0-7 days (before the booking date) 100%, 8-14 days (before the booking date) 75%, 15-30 days (before the booking date) 50%, 31-60 days (before the booking date) 25%. Should you cancel your booking 6 months or more before the date of your booking you will not be billed for any part of the remaining balance due but you will lose your deposit. All cancellations must be in writing from the named person on booking form. The day that written notification of cancellation is received is the date on which your booking is cancelled.
7. Artist Obligations. Jaye Adams Make-up Artistry will endeavor to perform all services booked promptly and professionally at the agreed time, date and location. Jaye Adams Make-up Artistry will chose which products, professional materials and sanitation practices will best suit your requirements. Services will be conducted on the basis of information, documents and/or photographs provided by you. Jaye Adams Make-up Artistry is not liable to you, or any third party, for any actions or omissions outside the remit of the service supplied, or for any problems arising as a result of unclear, erroneous or incomplete information supplied.
8. Client Obligations. You agree to inform Jaye Adams Make-up Artistry of any existing allergies or skin sensitivities that you, or any other persons included in your booking, are aware of prior to the application of any cosmetic products. If no known allergies/sensitivities are stated Jaye Adams Make-up Artistry cannot be held liable for any reactions or injuries that may occur as a result of the cosmetic products, professional materials or sanitation practices used. You agree to Jaye Adams Make-up Artistry working in a smoke and pet free environment.
9. Limitation of Liability. Neither party shall be held liable to the other for any losses that the other suffers as a result of breach of contract unless those losses are a foreseeable consequence of the breach. Jaye Adams Make-up Artistry cannot be held liable under this contract where the client is unhappy with the finished make-up where all obligations have been met.
10. Cancellation by Jaye Adams Make-up Artistry. In the unlikely event that we are unable to attend your booking due to sickness, injury or any other circumstance beyond our control, we will work with you to find an alternative, reputable professional capable of meeting your requirements. All payments received, including the deposit, will be refunded in full.
11. Photography. Any professionally taken photographs from your booking that are shared with Jaye Adams Make-up Artistry, may be used online at jayeadams.co.uk, on social media platforms or for advertising/marketing purposes. By submitting a signed Booking Form you are confirming that you have no objection to your photos being used in this way. If, however, you would prefer that your photos are not used in this way, please indicate this when completing a booking form.
12. Make-up Application. Prior to having make‐up applied, please ensure that teeth are cleaned, you have been to the toilet and contact lenses (if needed) are applied, and that skin is cleansed and free of make‐up. Food is not permitted whilst make-up is being applied and it is advised that a straw is used if you need to drink. Please do not sit any children/babies on your lap and please do not use a mobile phone whilst make‐up is being applied. Please be patient, the make-up will be applied in a timely manor but any distractions/interruptions will delay this. Please ask permission if you would like photographs to be taken whilst having make‐up applied.
13. Health and Safety. If we are made to feel uncomfortable in anyway, mistreated or if at any time during a booking someone becomes abusive, violent or displays any offensive behaviour, Jaye Adams Make-up Artistry has the right to cancel without refund. Jaye Adams Make-up Artistry will ensure that all health and safety precautions are strictly adhered to. In the event of an accident caused by equipment breakdown, negligence that causes personal injury or damage to property, you are advised to contact us immediately and if necessary, seek legal advice. Jaye Adams Make-up Artistry has full Public liability insurance, provided by the British Association of Beauty Therapy and Cosmetology (BABTAC).
- 1. Booking and Booking Fee (deposit). Bookings are taken on a first come first served basis, dates cannot be reserved and will be available for other parties to book until a Booking Form and Booking Fee (deposit) is received. The amount of the Booking Fee (deposit) will be advised accordingly for all types of booking, although this is typically no more than 50% of the total booking cost. The Booking Fee is non-refundable and is deducted from the total booking amount.
- 2. Travel Expenses. Travel expenses are included in prices quoted but limited to 100 miles from the CA13 postcode for wedding bookings and 30 miles for other bookings. Additional mileage will be charged at the HMRC rate, currently £0.45/mile. Where time constraints do not allow enough time for travel on the day of your booking, accommodation (such as Premier Inn/Travelodge) must be arranged and all costs must be paid for before the day itself. Travel expenses, if any, will be calculated, advised accordingly and included on your letter of confirmation once your booking arrangements have been confirmed.
- 3. Payment. Accepted methods of payment are cash, cheque, or bank transfer. Further instruction will be given on your letter of confirmation, which will be raised once your booking form is received. Make-up trial costs must be paid for on or before the day of the trial, and the final balance must be paid no less than 2 weeks before the date of the booking if paying by cheque, 2 days before date of the booking if paying by bank transfer, or by cash on the booking date. Should no instruction about how you will like to make payment have been received 2 weeks prior to the booking date, Jaye Adams Make-up Artistry has the right to cancel all services and all fees due will still be payable.